Tax Rebate Calculator

A tax refund is a refund of tax which has been overpaid. There are a number of reasons why tax may have been overpaid.  If you have overpaid tax you will get a tax refund. You must claim a tax refund within 4 years of the end of the year in which the overpayment arose or you will not get a refund.

The tax office in the UK is the HMRC, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is the British Government department that helps consolidate funds and charged with the responsibility of collecting taxes from the citizens and businesses within the United Kingdom. At the various ports of entry and exit in the UK, HMRC inspects belongings of customers which it believes suspect, referring any excesses to its tax department.

If you are trying to check how much tax rebate you owe the HMRC, you can Use this quick and easy tax rebate calculator. avoid any surprises with the income tax calculator, you can accurately forecast your federal income taxes before you file to see how much you may get back or what you may owe on your tax return.

this calculator provides an estimate of your tax situation only, estimating your taxes before you file your tax return is an essential part of tax planning and it will also help you make sure that you are paying the right amount of tax, so start estimating now.

The Tax refund calculator helps you estimate a rebate for a number of different circumstances:

  • You are self-employed
  • You are employed under PAYE
  • For business and corporations
  • Uniform Tax Rebate
  • For employers
  • General Tax overpayments

The tax calculator will allow you to:

  • see how much Income Tax you paid last tax year (6 April 2016 to 5 April 2017)
  • check your Income Tax payments for the current tax year (6 April 2017 to 5 April 2018)

If the result of the calculation says that you have paid too much tax then may be able to claim.

To start using the tax calculator you will need to be born on 5 April 1938, have a basic or higher rate taxpayer earning under £100,000 and getting the Personal Allowance

The following are the details you will need:

  • your earnings, before and after tax – get this from your P60
  • any savings – get this from your bank statements
  • any Gift Aid donations you’ve made to the charity

You can’t get an estimate online if you:

  • are self-employed
  • get taxable state benefits
  • are entitled to claim Married Couple’s Allowance
  • were born on or before 5 April 1938 and get the higher allowances
  • have other taxable income, for example from dividends and trusts
  • are a higher rate taxpayer and want to estimate your Gift Aid tax relief

You can check you’ve paid the right tax by contacting HMRC or by getting help from an accountant.